What’s for breakfast?!
Just a lovely Sunday morning sweet thang to whip up for the one you love.
I like to swoop past the clearance racks at the grocery store, and that’s where I found a loaf of ’bout to spoil bread a couple weeks back. So I spent $1.25, stuck that loaf in the freezer then, and pulled it out to thaw last night.
This morning, I got the coffee on the brew, and set to work on this treat. With a side of sunny side up eggs, we had satisfied the morning hunger within a half hour.
French Toast Bake with Apples
– About 5-6 hearty slices worth of bread, and old is good.
– 2 Eggs
-1/3 cup milk (plant milk is fine!)
-1 big dollop of vanilla yogurt
-1 apple, thinly sliced
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-tiny dash of salt
-Obviously, Maple Syrup to serve!
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a small pan, melt butter over medium low. Toss in the apple slices and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, tossing occasionally.
3. Rip up the bread and spread the chunks in an 8×8″ casserole dish.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until smooth, then pour over the bread, mixing/folding to coat all the bread.
5. Top with the apple slices. Cover dish with aluminum foil and cook for about 25 minutes. Check by poking center with a fork; done when liquid is gone. Enjoy!