These are a great make-ahead option for meal prep, so I’ve swung back around to making them on Sunday nights for the work week ahead. For my new wintry schedule, they’re a little ‘second breakfast’ snack right before students pour into my classroom.
I like this picture – it’s a little less staged, a little more messy than your typical recipe page, right? Well, it’s my reality. The eggy mix was a tad messy, but it’s also kind of lovely, and doesn’t affect the outcome.
The filler options are really endless. Play around, experiment. Anything good with eggs will be good in these!
Round 1 included mustard greens, sun-dried tomatoes, some bread crumbs, one small habanada pepper, and shredded cheddar, with dashes of salt, cumin, and paprika.
Round 2 included bacon (4 strips), provolone cheese, mustard greens, and sun-dried tomatoes (yeah, no salt needed here!).
To make the muffins, you’ll need:
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1 1/2 cups other tasty things!
butter/oil (to grease the muffin pan)
Additional seasonings, to taste (cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, etc)
You may also like these recipes:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin pan generously.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
3. Toss in the additional toppings and stir only until combined.
4. Pour evenly into muffin pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove muffins to a cooling rack.
Enjoy, or refrigerate and enjoy within one week!