This light and zesty salad brings the perfect balance to a meal of hefty enchiladas!
Yes, you can sub in other hearty and crunchy greens like collards or swiss chard for example. But steer clear of lettuce for this recipe. This makes a great summertime option when lettuce may be in short supply due to extreme heat.
– 2 hearty handfuls chopped kale
– 2 hearty handfuls chopped red cabbage
– 1 cup chopped vegetables: tomato, sweet pepper, carrot, celery, etc.
– 1 16oz can of hearts of palm, drained and diced to 1/2″ chunks
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
– The juice of 1 lime, plus 2 tsp lemon juice
– extra virgin olive oil, to taste
– salt, to taste
Try it with:
|Cool Bean Salad||Cowboy Quinoa||Seared Shishitos with Lemon|
1. Combine all ingredients, toss to coat!
Return to Main Recipe Page
Leave a Reply