What an amazing gift of the earth that you can grow spaghetti inside a squash.
There are many different ways to cook winter squash – face up, face down, in water, no water… so this is just one option but it is fast and results in a great texture full of flavor. Just 30 minutes till you’re eating. Ready? Go.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
– 1 spaghetti squash
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– A dash each of salt, pepper, and thyme
– Your favorite spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Slice in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
3. Drizzle a 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on each half, rub to coat whole surface.
4. Sprinkle both halves with salt, pepper, and thyme.
5. Place facedown on a baking sheet. Poke skin with a fork in a few places.
6. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Done when a fork pokes in easily.
7. Remove from oven, flip both sides face up and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
8. Use a fork to pluck all the ‘spaghetti’ out. Serve immediately, topped with warm sauce or whatever you want!